Thank you for visiting the College Goal NY website. This is a service project of the New York State Financial Aid Administrators Association and the New York State Higher Education Services Corp. and is funded through a generous grant from USA Funds. College Goal NY is a volunteer program that helps students and families who need assistance in completing financial aid forms, with a particular focus on helping low-income, first-generation families.
Information Collected Automatically When You Visit This Website
When you visit this website, HESC automatically collects and stores the following non-public information about your visit:
• The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used, but not the e-mail address. The Internet Protocol is a numerical identifier assigned either to your Internet service provider or directly to your computer;
• The type of browser and operating system you used;
• The date and time you visited this site;
• The Web pages or servicers you accessed at this site;
• The website you visited before coming to this site;
• If you clicked on a link, the link that was viewed;
• Any server error messages you may receive while using our site.
The information that is collected automatically is used to improve this website's content and to help HESC understand how users are interacting with the website. This information is collected for statistical analysis, to determine what information is of most and least interest to our users, and to make it easier to use the material on the website. The information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes and HESC does not sell or disclose this information for commercial marketing purposes.
Information and Choice
As noted above, HESC does not collect any personal information about you during your visit to this Web site unless you voluntarily provide that information by conducting an online transaction such as registering for a Financial Aid event. If you choose not to participate in these activities, your ability to receive specific services or products through this Web site may be limited, but it will not prevent you from requesting some of our services by other means, nor will it affect your ability to take advantage of other features of the Web site, including browsing or downloading publicly available information.